Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and Province of Ontario legislation relating to privacy concerns require your consent to receive electronic information from the Bytown Fire Brigade.
The same requirement exists in reverse:
1. ‘Electronic notices’ for Bytown purposes include weekly broadcasts, notices of meetings, notices of events, and notices of other activities including fundraisers and Brigade projects.
2. The Bytown Fire Brigade Board has agreed by past motion to receive electronic messages from any member.
3. By acknowledging the below, I agree to receive electronic messages from the
Bytown Fire Brigade at the email address provided above in this membership application.
4. I understand I have the following future options:
a. At any time, I can send an updated email address to email@example.com for the Bytown Fire Brigade to use in sending electronic messages to me.
b. I can unsubscribe from any-and-all electronic notices from The Bytown Fire Brigade by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, at any time.
5. With this application, I acknowledge and accept this Agreement to Receive Notices Electronically.